In case you’re an Oracle Cloud apps consumer and in search of Oracle testing instruments, this weblog is for you. Oracle works on the precept of steady innovation and rolls out quarterly updates. Nevertheless, manually testing these updates in a brief period of two weeks could be a daunting process. That’s why Oracle clients want to maneuver to check automation to maintain tempo with the frequency and breadth of Oracle quarterly releases. Amongst accessible Oracle testing instruments, Selenium, OATS (Oracle utility check suite), and Opkey are thought-about as the most well-liked. On this weblog, we are going to talk about the professionals and cons of those instruments and would suggest one to you.
It’s a pure selection of QA groups as it’s a free & open-source device with a big group of customers. Selenium isn’t a single device, it’s a suite of instruments that may cater completely different testing wants. Take a look at automation suite of Selenium consists of Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Grid.
- Selenium IDE: Selenium Built-in Improvement Atmosphere (IDE) is an easy-to-use interface that’s used to create automation scripts by recording the consumer’s interactions with the app. We are able to say that it’s a free recording plugin for browsers to report, edit, debug, and replay useful checks.
- Selenium WebDriver: It’s a cross-platform testing framework that might configure and management the browsers on the OS degree. It’s a programming interface that’s utilized by check engineers and builders to create and run check instances.
- Selenium Grid: It facilitates parallel testing throughout completely different browsers.
Selenium has all the things to assist automated testing. Nevertheless, relating to check automate Oracle, Selenium isn’t thought-about as a dependable choice.
- Selenium makes use of object locators in a webpage to check automate functions. These locators will be ID, Title, XPath, or CSS. Nevertheless, Oracle functions are dynamic in nature and don’t have mounted attributes like ID, Title, XPath, or CSS. Every time these properties are tweaked, Selenium will not establish and the scripts are inclined to fail.
- As Oracle rolls out quarterly updates, check script upkeep could be a nice effort as Oracle can add new screens, buttons, or consumer flows. As Selenium scripts can’t routinely adapt modifications, it can result in check failures, flaky/brittle checks or construct failures.
- Selenium requires coding data to create check automation scripts. Since enterprise customers are usually not programmers, they may discover it tough to create check instances with Selenium.
- With Selenium, it’s tough to resolve failed checks because it doesn’t supply troubleshooting or reporting capabilities.
Oracle utility check suite (OATS)
OATS is owned by Oracle and helps automated testing throughout net based mostly functions – Oracle EBS Varieties, JD Edwards, Siebel, PeopleSoft, and so on. Since OATS is developed by Oracle, it affords nice compatibility with Oracle’s functions and is certainly probably the most most well-liked selection. OATS helps load testing and manages testing actions together with check execution, scheduling the executions, bug or defect monitoring.
- The one downside with OATS is that it is extremely pricey and it may be very difficult to handle safety rights when a number of varieties of customers are executing testing at an enterprise degree.
- In case of Oracle Cloud updates, you must validate your important integrations with different functions after each launch. Nevertheless, OATS solely helps Oracle’s packaged functions & web-based merchandise. So, you want extra automation instruments to make sure full check protection.
Opkey is a zero-code check automation platform that gives 3 day Oracle Cloud replace certification. Opkey combines patent pending “check mining” expertise with AI and machine studying to give you the velocity and agility you must preserve tempo with Oracle frequent updates.
- Opkey is a zero code check automation platform that doesn’t require programming data to function.
- Opkey’s AI powered engines supply 1-click automation. You don’t have to be a programmer to automate scripts with Opkey.
- Opkey comes with self-healing capabilities. It signifies that every time check automation scripts break attributable to change within the object property (Title, ID, Xpath, CSS and so on.), Opkey routinely detects modifications in parts and fixes them dynamically with out human intervention.
The one drawback with Opkey is that you simply want business licensing to make use of it.